INsite has never missed a New Zealand Aged Care Association conference. With the 2017 NZACA conference just 10 weeks away (5-7 September 2017), we thought we’d give you 10 reasons why you shouldn’t miss out either. See you there!
1) Take advantage of the early bird registration. Early bird pricing has been extended until Friday 14 July so be sure to book by then. Registration is simple and can be completed online. Also, early birds go in the draw to win an amazing team building experience for four, valued at $900, at Off Road NZ in Rotorua!
2) The forward-facing programme. There is a strong focus on trends and challenges facing providers in the coming years, looking specifically at the impending funding reform, fourth industrial revolution, changing business models as a result of the pay equity settlement and the ageing workforce. From interRAI to immigration; from dementia to demographics to digital disruption, no stone is left unturned on the three days.
3) There will be some inspiring guest speakers:
– Sir Ray Avery needs no introduction. Be inspired by his extraordinary story and message.
– Economist Dr Ganesh Nana’s presentation looks at the characteristics of the demographic changes, as well as discussing the workforce challenges confronting the sector.
– Kaila Colbin is Singularity University’s New Zealand Ambassador and will look at the dramatic implications of exponential technologies, and give some insight into how we might prepare for this dynamically changing world.
– Cam Ansell joins us from across the ditch to explore elements that would work favourably for New Zealand as well as the failures better left with the Aussies.
4) It’s an election year (as if you needed reminding!). With the conference a little more than a fortnight out from Election Day, the political panel session is bound to be intense.
5) The social programme. There are three opportunities to catch up with colleagues in a relaxing and fun atmosphere at this year’s conference. The Welcome Function kicks off on the first night (Tuesday 5 September) between 5.30pm and 7.30pm amongst exhibitors. After that, you can take a Skyline gondola up the hill to enjoy a casual dinner at Stratosfare ($78 + GST which includes transport to and from the Skyline, dinner and a glass of bubbles.)
6) The gala dinner. The social highlight of the conference! The theme this year is ‘Giving my regards to Broadway’ so get working on those costumes! Come dressed as a character from a Broadway show (or a member of the audience if inspiration is failing!). It’s on Wednesday 6 September from 7.15pm. Tickets are included as part of a full delegate registration.
7) The Excellence in Care Awards. We’ll hear from the finalists during Day 2: Community Connections Award category, Built and Grown Environment Award category, Small Operator Industry Award category Training and Staff Development Award category, Innovative Delivery Award category, and Excellence in Food Award for Care Homes and Hospitals category. The awards will be presented at the gala dinner. Good luck everyone!
8) The exhibitors. The largest aged care trade show in the country. Catch up with all your service providers and suppliers in one go. See who is exhibiting here. And don’t miss all those prize draws – who doesn’t love a hamper or bottle of champagne to take home with them!
9) NZACA Annual General Meeting and strategy session. For NZACA members only, this is held on the Tuesday afternoon.
10) It’s in Rotorua! Who doesn’t love Rotovegas and all its pungent and adventurous charm? I highly encourage you to sneak in a soak in the Polynesian Pools, hoon down the hill on the luge or take a thrilling mountain bike ride in the world-famous Redwoods!
The NZACA conference website has all the information you need about conference: the programme, presenters, accommodation, social functions and more.