Early Bird pricing for the Retirement Villages Association’s annual conference ends in just 10 days’ time, so we thought we’d give you 10 reasons why you should book now!
- The first one’s easy. Book before Saturday 13th May to save $400 on your standard registration.
- Did someone say Sydney? What’s not to love about the conference destination? Sydney’s Sheraton on the Park is a superb venue. The conference dates coincide with famous Vivid Sydney so you can spend your free evenings viewing Sydney in a whole new light.
- Conference theme: evolution. What better way to address the conference theme of ‘evolution’ with a talk from Ryman Healthcare’s chief executive, Simon Challies. Ryman – New Zealand’s largest retirement village operator – will have five Melbourne villages by 2020. With construction beginning on its largest project to date in Melbourne, Ryman’s tale of evolution will no doubt be fascinating.
- 100 years’ combined wisdom. Worth the trip alone to see Cliff Cook, Norah Barlow and John Ryder being grilled by RVA executive president Graham Wilkinson.
- Some great key-note speakers. It’s not everyday you get to hear from Rob Fyfe, of Air New Zealand and Icebreaker fame, and rugby union legend Peter FitzSimons, one of Australia’s most prominent and successful media and publishing identities.
- Aussie expertise. Among the Australian experts to take the podium is Ben Myers of Australia’s Retirement Living Council and leading Australian operator Patrick Smith, who turned Henley on Broadwater into a lifestyle resort that offers full care support.
- The latest research and findings. Researchers Kay Saville-Smith and Stephen Mills will offer some food for thought in their back-to-back presentations discussing recent social research outcomes in the face of an upcoming election and changing demographics. Andrew Joyce of St Andrews RV and Martin Oettli of Real Living Group also have many lessons to share with New Zealand operators following their study tour of retirement villages and aged residential care facilities in the UK and Europe last year.
- Village tours. Who doesn’t relish the chance to snoop around Aussie villages and see how they’re doing things across the ditch?
- Gala dinner. Say no more.
- Did someone say golf tournament? Golfers will enjoy a round at the beautiful Collaroy while non-golfers get a foodie experience.
RVA Conference 2017, Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, 13-16 June 2017. For more information, visit www.conference.rvanz.org.nz.