Day One - 19th July 2018 Health and Wellbeing in Dementia Explain why it is important to maintain good physical and mental health. Describe how to identify a person’s heath needs including
Day One – 19th July 2018
Health and Wellbeing in Dementia
- Explain why it is important to maintain good physical and mental health.
- Describe how to identify a person’s heath needs including nutrition, hydration, risk of falls, and sleep.
- List the signs of delirium and the signs of dementia, recognising delirium is a medical emergency.
- Describe the possible impact, including psychological and social impact, of incontinence.
- Describe the potential causes of, and impact of loneliness and the importance of maintaining social engagement.
- Describe possible ways to support activities of daily living in a person-centred manner.
Day Two – 20th July 2018
Positive Interventions in Dementia Care
- Contrast medical and social models of care.
- Describe malignant social psychology and well-being in relation to dementia.
- Describe factors which may lead to exclusion, and factors which may promote inclusion.
- Identify mental health conditions which may impact on a person’s experience of dementia.
- Identify ways of assessing wellbeing.
- Identify a range of positive interventions and consider how these might promote wellbeing.
Presenter Caroline Bartle
Dip SW, B.A Hons, MBA, PG Dip Dementia Studies
Caroline has studied dementia care at post graduate level and has played a significant role in the development of dementia care training in the UK being an advocate for advancing practice in psycho-therapeutic approaches to care. She is most well known to her contribution to the ‘knowledge sets’ and her developing work in the new QCF Dementia Qualifications developed in the UK. She has published a range of material to support learning and development in this area and continues to evolve her training courses to every increasing engaging and thought provoking heights.
NB: Any questions regarding these days, please email email@example.com
We guarantee to have the most in-depth and up-to-date aged care training you’ve ever attended with the best specialist trainers available or your money back. You won”t find better aged care training anywhere and we”re willing to put our money where our mouth is. It”s as simple as that!
19 (Thursday) 8:00 am - 20 (Friday) 5:00 pm
43 Target St